Becoming a member of the Wood County Democratic Party
From Wood County Democratic Party Constitution
Article III. Membership
“Any resident of Wisconsin, at least 14 years of age, who subscribes to the principles of the Democratic Party is eligible to become a voting member and shall become a member upon payment of dues and receipt of such dues by the county party or the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. Any member of the county party is automatically a member of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.” State rules state that a state member can only be a member of one county party. You do not have to be a resident of Wood County because our major population centers include areas of other counties. See How to Become a Member below.
At our meetings we welcome non-members to attend and get to know us.
Dues Paying Members of the Wood County Democratic Party have these privileges:
As an official member of the WCDP
1. You have the right to vote on:
– the annual budget,
– other financial decisions made during the year,
– policies governing the county party,
– resolutions to be sent on to the Congressional (CD) and State conventions,
– and officers of the WCDP (explained further below).
2. You can be selected to be a delegate to the 3rd or 7th CD convention and/or the state convention.
3. You can nominate other individuals to serve as an officer of WCDP.
4. Or you can become an officer of the WDCP or a CD officer (explained further below).
How to Become a Member
Applications for membership (or to renew your membership) can be obtained by clicking the link below, or emailing to request a form from Wiswooddems@gmail.com You can then send your completed form with payment to Wood County Democratic Party P.O. Box 786 Marshfield, Wi 54449. Your membership has to be renewed yearly.
Please click this link to join or renew!
2021-3-26 WCDP Membership Form